Hikers’ inns in the Saar Hunsrück
…the premium host seal of approval in the Saar-Hunsrück Premium Hiking Region
As well as the services they provide to hikers, our Saar-Hunsrück hikers’ inns have especially dedicated themselves to marketing our region, which is shown in the food and drink they offer their guests. The hikers’ inns are characterised by the following features:
- All hikers’ inns have been given the “Wanderbares Deutschland Quality Host” seal of approval by the Deutsche Wanderverband (German Hiking Association)
- They serve food throughout the day on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays between April and October.
- They are members of one of the regional initiatives such as “Ebbes von hei” or “SooNahe” and/or Slow Food
- They have a drinks menu with wines, water, juice, fine brandies and beer from the region.
- They have a food menu with at least 2 meals whose main ingredients come from the region.
The following establishments in the Saar-Hunsrück are allowed to call themselves hikers’ inns: